Natural Treatment for PCOS & Infertility in Vancouver & Surrey BC
How Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Acupuncture, and Naturopathic Medicine Can Help You Transform Your Health, Restore Hormonal Balance, and Get Pregnant
Welcome to Yinstill Reproductive Wellness, Vancouver’s number one resource for providing natural evidence-based treatment solutions for women and couples experiencing reproductive health challenges.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is the most prevalent health condition that affects a woman’s infertility. The metabolic hormonal storm which occurs in the bodies of women with PCOS creates a frustrating circumstance where ovulation rarely if ever occurs. Only ovulating a couple times each year at unknown times is an obvious hurdle when trying to get pregnant. PCOS also typically manifests as weight which is extremely difficult to manage, cystic acne, and male pattern hair growth.
The emotional stress levels that accompany PCOS are paralyzing. The fear of not becoming a parent, the shame and self-loathing, the resentment of others, the countless hours spent trying to ‘figure things out’, not to mention the strains it can put on your marriage and sex life are just a few of the common feelings reported.
The good news is that PCOS is a condition that responds well to treatment. That said, it can take many months of commitment to restore hormonal balance and regulate ovulation.
Our 10 step process...
We will walk you through 10 easy-to-implement steps that will help you overcome your reproductive health struggles, and transform your health and well-being in the process. Together these 10 Steps comprise a holistic system for ensuring you are tending to all aspects of your health that affect your fertility...
- Step 1 - Get clear and set the unique health related goals that are necessary to best optimize your reproductive potential
- Step 2 - Implement natural treatments such as Acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and Naturopathic medicine
- Step 3 - Teach you how to properly pay attention to the signals and feedback your body is giving you
- Step 4 - Counsel on how to use food as medicine
- Step 5 - Recommend which supplements are right for you
- Step 6 - Discuss specifically how you should be exercising
- Step 7 - Determine how to nurture your spirit and look deep inside to get the whole picture
- Step 8 - Reveal which toxins are around you that may be affecting your fertility
- Step 9 - Shed light on what the man can do
- Step 10 - Explain how assisted reproductive technologies such as In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) can help and when they are appropriate for your circumstance.
Imagine what it would be like to be past your struggles. Take a moment and project yourself into your future - a future that not only has you holding your baby (God willing), but also a future where you are vibrant and healthy. The shining example you want your child to see.
We are the experts...
The specialized care and treatment you will receive at Yinstill is the cumulative result of
- 25+ years of collective clinical experience.
- Extensive specialized training in natural evidence-based treatment of reproductive health issues.
- Development of fully integrated complementary health care services with local IVF clinics.
- Close relationships with experts and world leaders in the field of reproductive medicine.
Each and every day at our clinic is spent connecting with and helping people just like you. These relationships have provided us with a very intimate understanding of how to best support women and couples trying to get pregnant. The expertise acquired as a result has enabled us to be an integral part of bringing thousands of babies into this world. We believe nothing is more important than family. Everyone who desires should be able to experience the gift of becoming a parent.
When you choose to become a client of Yinstill you can expect many transformations in your life that will optimize your mind and body for conception, and ultimately help you overcome PCOS. These transformations include (but are not limited to) the following;
- Hormonal Regulation. Restore balance to the hormonal storm responsible for dysregulation of ovulation and the menstrual cycle;
- Insulin, which governs blood sugar and weight control
- Androgens, which promote acne and hair growth
- Cortisol and other hormones which govern stress in the body
- Improved Health and Well-being. Your health before and during pregnancy is key to optimizing fertility and carrying to term, and also has a drastic impact on the health your child will experience throughout their lifetime.
- A Simpler More Enjoyable Life. Benefit from reduced stress levels, maintaining a healthy weight, less acne and unwanted hair growth, and a multitude of other tangible health benefits.
- Get Pregnant & Have a Healthy Baby. Of course this is our primary goal. With all of the tools you will learn and with dedication to implementing the necessary changes, you will optimize your chances of getting pregnant.
Current medical evidence shows that complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) such as Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture, supplements, diet, exercise, and lifestyle choices can help overcome PCOS and increase chances of getting pregnant, primarily via the following mechanisms;
- Promoting hormonal balance to regulate ovulation and the menstrual cycle
- Properly managing insulin resistance and body weight
- Reducing male hormone levels (responsible for acne and hair growth)
- Relief of emotional stress
What to expect...
- Your initial 1 hour appointment with one of our fertility specialists consists of an in-depth evaluation into the underlying factors that are contributing to your infertility.
- From there, using our 10 Step process, we create a individualized treatment plan to naturally optimize your chances of getting pregnant.
- Finally, with consistent ongoing treatment, we are there for you throughout your journey, offering the support required with each step.
Within just a few short weeks, you should notice significant changes in many of your health related goals, and overall sense of well-being. These are the signs that your body is becoming optimized for conception.
Call 604-873-9355 to setup your initial appointment NOW
We are excited to meet you soon to help you reach your dream of creating the happy healthy family you deserve
If you have more questions and would like to speak to one of our doctors...
Risk Free Initial Appointment
We want you to feel like Yinstill is the right fit for your reproductive healthcare needs. If you are not completely satisfied with your initial appointment and do not plan to continue treatment at Yinstill, you are under no obligation to pay the appointment fee (see full policy details).
Forever grateful for their clinic and doctors!
Dr. Pentland and the entire Yinstill staff have incredibly supportive during our journey to conceive. Having a lot of troubles conceiving in the past to major medical problems, we were resolved to a life without bearing children. Discovering TCM and Dr. Pentland opened our eyes to more than just traditional western medicine. Even after our first failed IVF attempt, Dr. Pentland gave us an ear to listen and the support we desperately needed. He convinced us to start a new treatment plan in preparation for a second IVF cycle. A year later full of treatments and positive vibes, not only we were we able to conceive but with twins! We continued with Dr. Pentland's treatment as we had a high risk pregnancy. I am proud to say we have given birth to a healthy son and daughter! Dr. Pentland and the entire Yinstill staff played a major role in our little miracles and we are forever grateful for their clinic and doctors! We have recommended many of our friends to Yinstill and they are excited to go in based on our own success!
- PP and NP
Dr. Flynn helped us on our journey to parenthood
I have been a patient of Dr. Erin Flynn’s for over four years. A friend recommended acupuncture as I have PCOS and was having a hard time getting pregnant, and I thought “why not”? A quick Google search led me to a clinic specializing in fertility and my instant love of acupuncture was born. I started slowly at first with just one session every week or two. I tried to follow the diet and lifestyle recommendations, although some months were better than others. Soon, on Erin’s recommendation, I started taking Chinese herbs. After a few months, it was suggested that I increase my treatments to 4 times per week for the first half of my cycle every month. During this time, many people commented on how great I looked and the “glow” I had about me. This regimen instantly normalized my erratic cycles and resulted in a pregnancy after 3 months.
Unfortunately, that pregnancy did not go full term for reasons outside of my PCOS. Erin was a great support in helping me move forward after this loss. I continued the acupuncture for a few more months. When 4 times a week got to be unmanageable, I went back to once a week and started Clomid. After 2 months, I was pregnant again with my beautiful, healthy son who is now 2. Although I was on medication when we conceived him, I had no doubt that the acupuncture and lifestyle changes of the previous year greatly contributed to our success.
I received acupuncture treatments at the beginning and end of my pregnancy to help with implantation and then cervical ripening. Particularly the cervical ripening was very beneficial in preparing me for labour. The baby had been breech until shortly before he was born, but did turn in the end and I managed to give birth naturally. I believe the acupuncture was also a huge help in keeping my blood pressure down, as my midwives were monitoring me for preeclampsia.
After a recent early loss (blighted ovum), I am now 41, back to doing acupuncture and trying for #2. What I have learned in the years working with Erin is that my diet and overall health are such vital parts of managing my PCOS. Although I find the treatments themselves so relaxing, I also do yoga and meditate to reduce my stress. I strive to cut out sugar, artificial sweeteners, dairy and processed foods from my diet (not easy!). I try to get enough sleep and exercise (even harder!).
I cannot say enough about what an important part of our journey to parenthood Erin has been. I have found her to be a kind, calm, supportive, and generous person. I would recommend anyone who is planning to start a family see her. If I had unlimited resources, I would go every day.
PCOS: Pregnant the natural way
My husband and I started trying to conceive in January of 2006. Because of my having PCOS, we had already seen an infertility specialist at Genesis. I wasn’t ovulating as I hadn’t had a natural period in over a decade. My doctor started me on clomid right away. After about six months of trying and having no success, I heard of acupuncture through a friend. I decided to give it a try and met with Spence. Aside from receiving the acupuncture treatments, it was really nice to be able to discuss my infertility frustrations with someone so knowledgeable. After a month or two, my husband also started coming to see Spence. In September, I had my ninth cycle of clomid with no luck. We decided to take a break from the clomid. One month later, I had my first natural period in ages, and was ovulating on my own. By December, our doctor told us that we probably wouldn’t be able to conceive without the help of in vitro. We made our appointment for the orientation for January. But, we proved the doctor wrong. Our late Christmas present that year was finding out on New Year’s Eve day that I was pregnant. I really attribute our success to Spence and acupuncture.