IVF Acupuncture in Vancouver
We believe nothing is more important than family. Everyone who desires should be able to experience the gift of becoming a parent. We understand that the struggles of infertility can be extremely difficult. We believe holistic support is necessary during these times and are passionate about delivering the care required along this journey.
Today, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is re-inventing the way people get pregnant. Acupuncture is now commonly administered in conjunction with IVF cycles due to its significant effectiveness in improving pregnancy rates and helping women relax throughout the process.
Yinstill offers important support, treatment, and resources for women and couples struggling to get pregnant and planning on or currently going through an IVF cycle (including on site embryo transfer day acupuncture at the Pacific Centre for Reproductive Medicine in Burnaby and Genesis Fertility Centre in Vancouver). Our Doctors of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) have years of unmatched experience treating both men and women going through assisted reproductive technologies such as In Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
What makes Yinstill unique is our many years of integration with two of BC's largest IVF clinics; the Pacific Centre for Reproductive Medicine (PCRM) and Genesis Fertility Center. These relationships have served to deepen our understanding of what the women and couples are going through, and how to better support them on their journey.
Yinstill changed my life. I tried to have a baby for 4 years, 3 IVF's, and nothing. I had been to another acupuncture studios, but a friend said that Yinstill had helped her get pregnant so I thought I would try something new. I watched their IVF success videos, read many happy testimonials of women just like me, checked RateMD and decided to book an appointment. They were warm, knowledgeable and had a lot of time for me and my questions, unlike some other places I had been. I went through another IVF, and that time in their care I got PREGNANT! I remained in their care and support throughout my pregnancy because I was so terrified that this was not real. It was real and now I have a little baby boy and I feel my life is complete. Thank you so much Yinstill team! - anonymous
Acupuncture is a simple painless medical procedure that involves using small needles to stimulate specific points on the body. Peer-reviewed research on Acupuncture and Infertility confirms that potential physiological mechanisms have been postulated for its positive effects:
- Embryo transfer day acupuncture increases IVF pregnancy and live birth rates
- Acupuncture may mediate menstrual cycles, ovulation and fertility.
- Acupuncture may stimulate blood flow to the uterus and ovaries
- Acupuncture may reduce the biological stress response
- Acupuncture may beneficially influence cortisol and prolactin levels during IVF
Acupuncture Support for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
There are 4 recommended treatment protocols;
- On Site Embryo Transfer Day Acupuncture at PCRM & Genesis. On the day of your embryo transfer, acupuncture is administered 1 hour before your transfer is scheduled, and again immediately after. This treatment induces deep relaxation and stress relief. According to a recent Meta-analysis in the British Medical Journal, embryo transfer day acupuncture significantly improves pregnancy and live birth rates.
- IVF Preparation. Acupuncture treatments twice per week for 2-6 weeks leading up to embryo transfer - increases ovarian response to IVF medications, increases blood flow to the uterine lining and developing follicles, relieves the effects of stress and anxiety, and increases clinical pregnancy and live birth rates.
- Pre-Conception Natural Female and Male Fertility Enhancement>. The importance of overall health and well-being in the months before IVF cannot be over-stated. Nurturing your ‘whole’ self can help ensure that your body is optimized for IVF success. Yinstill provides Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and acupuncture, combined with dietary advice, lifestyle guidance, and mind-body techniques, to offer a very powerful way to enhance your fertility and chances of conception. Evidence and experience also show that acupuncture and/or Chinese herbal medicine can improve sperm parameters (for natural fertility or IVF support), decrease stress, increase libido, and aid with erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- Acupuncture Care Throughout Pregnancy. Acupuncture treatments once per week throughout the first trimester of pregnancy - reduces the incidence of miscarriage, provides emotional support and calms the mother-to-be, increases blood flow to fetus, and relieves nausea and vomiting. Acupuncture also helps with a multitude of other conditions during pregnancy, and can aid with labour and delivery.
Take some time to read more specific information regarding Yinstill IVF Recommendations, Treatments, & Resources.
Call 604.873.9355 to book an initial appointment to evaluate both male and female reproductive health. Free 15 minute phone consults are also offered to answer any questions before booking.
- Also read: How to optimize for IVF success
- Visit our IVF & Acupuncture Research section
- Understand our On Site PCRM & Genesis embryo transfer day acupuncture procedure
- On Site Embryo Transfer Day Acupuncture: the importance of treatment at the IVF clinic
- Laser vs. Needle Acupuncture on Embryo Transfer Day
- What happens after Embryo Transfer Day?
- Blog post Does Stress Affect Fertility?
- Blog post: Weight Loss: a holistic perspective