Welcome to Yinstill Reproductive Wellness, Vancouver’s number one resource for providing natural evidence-based treatment solutions for women and couples experiencing reproductive health challenges. Now with locations in Vancouver and Surrey.
We believe nothing is more important than family. Everyone who desires should be able to experience the gift of becoming a parent. We understand that the struggles of infertility can be extremely difficult. We believe holistic support is necessary during these times and are passionate about delivering the care required along this journey.
Whether you are trying to get pregnant and fulfill the dream of completing your family, or if you just want to feel well again, Yinstill, British Columbia’s premier Traditional Chinese Reproductive Medicine clinic provides hope, resources and natural integrated research-based treatment solutions for men and women experiencing reproductive health challenges such as;
- Infertility and In Vitro Fertilization
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Miscarriage prevention(recurrent pregnancy loss support and prevention)
- Pelvic pain (vestibulodynia, vulvodynia)
- Pregnancy related conditions
- Stress and anxiety
- Breast health
- Weight loss.
- Other women’s health conditions such as heavy bleeding, PMS, and irregular menstrual cycles
…and men’s andrological (reproductive and urological) health issues such as;
Why choose Yinstill?
- Experience – Our Doctors 25+ years of collective experience and specialized training in the research-based treatment of reproductive health issues is unsurpassed in Vancouver. All our Doctors are licenced with the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Association of BC (CTCMA – https://ctcma.bc.ca) and certified Fellows of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (FABORM – https://aborm.org). They have each been hand picked for their excellence, and the strengths of each complement one another. Deep understanding of reproductive conditions and the support needed helps us deliver premium quality professional care and effective treatment.
- Quality Care – we pride ourselves on providing premium quality healthcare and administrative service. Each member of the Yinstill team was hand-picked for their excellence. We are not simply a group of professionals sharing clinic space, we are a team made up of both male and female practitioners who works together on a daily basis, communicating and helping each other with difficult cases, pushing each other toward greater more effective clinical practice, and doing everything we can to ensure your relationship with us fulfills your needs and dreams. We offer 4 reproductive health specialized practitioners trained to deliver consistent continuity of care when sharing clients, so that when your schedule demands make it difficult to see your regular practitioner you can be rest assured you will be cared for properly and your appointment notes will be shared/discussed appropriately. Special attention is given to compassionate bedside manner, consistent contact and follow up, personal attention to unique emotional needs, and any other support we can offer along your path to family, health, or improved quality of life. Our administrative team makes every effort to simplify the logistical portion of your time with us, as well as make you feel welcome and cared for from the moment you walk through the front door. Like Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), we strive to take care of your holistically so that your entire experience with us goes beyond expectation.
- Integration – What makes Yinstill truly unique from our competitors is our many years of integration with two of BC’s largest IVF clinics; the Pacific Centre for Reproductive Medicine (PCRM) and Genesis Fertility Center. These relationships have served to deepen our understanding of what women and couples are going through, and how to better support them on their journey. We work together in partnership with you and your medical doctor to create a treatment plan that works best for you. Yinstill is proud to offer on site embryo transfer day acupuncture treatments 7 days-a-week at these facilities.
- Convenient / Accessible – Right in the heart of Main street (click to view Google Map), and likely one of the last few commercial blocks in Vancouver where it is still free parking, right out front of our clinic! Easy to find, always free parking. Street level storefront location, so no need to navigate parkades or office buildings. Our doctors see clients late into the evening, early mornings, and weekends, so it is easy for you to find a time that works. Our practitioners also pride themselves on being accessible for clients via email or phone contact whenever needed.
- Welcoming environment – An inviting, caring, clean, warm, welcoming, calm, comfortable clinic. These are the words of our clients when they are expressing how they feel about their experience at Yinstill. Come in out of the cold, sit by our fireplace, and enjoy some tea before you slip in for your treatment. It is very important to us that the time you spend at Yinstill meets your personal expectations of what a healthcare facility should be. We intend for you to leave Yinstill each and every visit with an inner peace that is difficult to achieve in the busy world we live in.
- Responsible – An important part of our mission at Yinstill is to help cultivate a fertile world. We follow eco-friendly business practices and we support companies and organizations that share this mentality. Read more about our commitment to a fertile world here.
What to Expect
We understand how difficult infertility and other reproductive health challenges can be. It is our goal to help put you back in control of your life, and work with you to determine your unique needs so we can offer the support and treatment options necessary to get pregnant, create a happy healthy family, and/or restore the quality of life you deserve. There is no right or wrong time to start acupuncture. No matter where you are at on your fertility journey, we can help you optimize your overall reproductive health, increasing your chances of conception naturally or with assisted reproductive technology such as IVF. We also work with you throughout your pregnancy to ensure a healthy mother and baby.
- First step – we want you to know that Yinstill is the right fit for your reproductive health needs. Set up a free 15 minute phone consultation with one of our doctors to get your questions answered before booking your initial appointment. Call 604.873.9355 now to schedule a time that works for you.
- Initial appointment – the next step. After you book your initial appointment with us you will be sent an email with details and a link to our online digital intake forms to be completed at least 2 days prior to your appointment. If you are trying to conceive we encourage both you and your partner to attend. Your practitioner will have had a chance to go through your intake history so the initial meeting is spent ensuring your needs, expectations, and questions are heard. A short acupuncture treatment is also included. We want you to go home feeling heard, confident, and clearly informed what moving forward will look like.
- Plan – if you do not have a target how can you hit it? We start with a detailed plan that is individualized to your specific needs. Complete with a summary of your medical history, health related goals (i.e. fertility is a manifestation of holistic health), recommendations for acupuncture and herbal treatment, self care at home, timelines, and prognosis, we create a guide to help keep us on track as we work together toward the fulfillment of your dreams.
- Acupuncture – it doesn’t hurt. Almost everyone that chooses acupuncture as a part of their life reports it being the most relaxing hour of their week. The managing of emotional stress, and the regulation of hormones, the immune system, and blood flow/nutrition to the reproductive organs, coupled with its safety, have made acupuncture a primary choice of medical treatment when reproductive health issues are concerned.
- Chinese herbal medicine – commonly used with reproductive health conditions. A daily administration of herbal medicine may be recommended depending on your needs. When used together with acupuncture the true healing effects of TCM are realized.
- Diet and lifestyle coaching – as part of every plan we counsel and coach you toward a healthier you in every aspect of life. From the choices you make with your food and the supplements you take, to the exercises you do regularly and way you manage stress, we will be there with you all along the way to help with guidance and support.
- Ongoing treatment – Within a few weeks, you should notice significant changes in many of your health goals and overall sense of well-being. These are signs that your body is becoming optimized for conception.
- Costs – the initial TCM appointment fee is $130 and all follow up acupuncture appointments are $90. Chinese herbal medicine costs vary depending on need (average $25-$50 per week).
- IVF embryo transfer day – evidence to date shows increased pregnancy rates when acupuncture is administered on immediately before and after the procedure on embryo transfer day. We are on call 7 days a week to offer this service at both PCRM and Genesis Fertility.
- Success stories – when the recommended treatment plan is committed to, and enough time is given to foster the true cultivation of your health and fertility potential, the final step in our journey together is the hope and faith that you will become one of our many success stories!
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
TCM is an ancient medical healing system that utilizes acupuncture and herbal medicine, diet and lifestyle coaching, to restore holistic health in the body mind and spirit. With respect to reproductive conditions, TCM specifically works to; 1. promote hormonal balance, regulate ovulation and the menstrual cycle, 2. improve blood flow and nutrition to the reproductive organs, 3. regulate immune function to reduce implantation failure and early loss, and 3. reduce emotional stress and pain.
- Current medical research shows that acupuncture can optimize chances of getting pregnant (IVF or natural conception).
- Our clinical data shows that acupuncture reduces perceived stress levels and pain.
- Local reproductive medical specialists report observing the powers of Chinese medicine and acupuncture in regulating ovulation and menstrual cycles.
- Countless women sing the praises of how acupuncture and Chinese herbs moderate their PMS and increase their sex drive.
- Women with recurrent pregnancy loss often attribute their ability to finally carry to term to regular acupuncture.
*Most medical plans cover all or partial costs for acupuncture treatments
Show me the evidence
- Research Section (All)
- IVF Acupuncture Research
- Stress & Fertility Research
- Male Factor Infertility Research
- Pregnancy & Acupuncture Research
- Success Stories
Call 604.873.9355 now to book an initial appointment to evaluate your reproductive health.
Free 15 minute phone consultations with one of our doctors are also offered to answer any questions before booking.
Risk Free Initial Appointment
We want you to feel like Yinstill is the right fit for your reproductive healthcare needs. If you are not completely satisfied with your initial appointment and do not plan to continue treatment at Yinstill, you are under no obligation to pay the appointment fee (see full policy details).