Quality is a unique blend of nutrients and herbs focused on optimizing the mitochondrial health of egg cells. Mitochondria, the powerhouse of the egg cell, is responsible for energy production, oocyte maturation, fertilization, and embryonic development, therefore, nutrients essential for mitochondrial health are important for the quality of your oocytes, What’s superior about this formula is the inclusion of multiple antioxidants and mitochondrial support nutrients, which all play different roles in supporting the mitochondria to function more effectively at optimizing energy production in the cell, thereby maximizing oocyte quality and potential. These are the ingredients included in this formula:
- Co-Enzyme Q10 – is an antioxidant that helps mitochondria produce energy that is used by your reproductive cells. Oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction are thought to be the possible mechanisms for poor ovarian reserve. Studies have shown that 600mg daily of oral CoQ10 can improve oxidative damage and support healthy mitochondrial function thereby improving oocyte and embryo quality. CoQ10 levels also decline naturally as you age, so supplementation is necessary as you get older.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine – is an amino acid that has been shown to support mitochondrial function and antioxidant status (both key factors in egg quality).
- R Lipoic Acid – is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect the body from free radical damage (free radicals can damage cell structures)
- N-Acetyl Cysteine – NAC is a precursor to glutathione (glutathione is the most powerful antioxidant in your body)
- Turmeric BCM 95 – can be added to your food, however, for therapeutic benefits, supplementation in higher doses is necessary. Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory effects and can help with conditions that can be affecting fertility such as endometriosis, blood stagnation (which can cause amenorrhea) and PCOS.
- Resveratrol – protects mitochondrial function, improves maturation of aged oocytes and has anti-inflammatory effects. Naturally found in red grapes.
- PureQQ (PQQ) – Pyrroloquinoline quinone improves mitochondrial activity and reduces oxidative stress in aging cells. It can be found within enzymes of plants and it assists CoEnzyme Q10 in its antioxidant and anti-aging functions.
In summary, this unique formula contains many beneficial nutrients that target mitochondrial health, antioxidants to improve free radical damage, and herbs to reduce inflammation. These key functions support optimal oocyte maturation and quality embryo development.
Please take a moment and read an important blog post, ‘Do we really need to take supplements?‘