Lara earned an Acupuncture Diploma from the International College for Traditional Chinese Medicine of Vancouver. Recently, she completed Certification for Acupoint Injection Therapy from the Society of Acupoint Injection Therapy (SAIT) in Vancouver. Prior to becoming an Acupuncturist, Lara obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Geography with an Environmental Specialty Certificate from Simon Fraser University. Her interest in Chinese Medicine grew out of her own personal experiences during pregnancy over 16 years ago when she was pregnant with a breech baby. Chinese Medicine helped to turn her breech baby and started a profound interest and journey into Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Through the perspective of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Lara’s goal is to guide your health and its role in providing a balanced, healthy and empowered quality of life thereby realizing your health and wellness potential. Her passion is focused on reproductive health and fertility, preconception health care, pain management, stress management, facial rejuvenation, natural anti-aging and preventative care.
She practices Chinese Medicine therapies such as Acupoint Injection Therapy, Electro stimulation Acupuncture (EA), Cupping, Moxibustion, Facial Rejuvenation and Tuina. A huge believer in work-life balance, she derives tremendous satisfaction from helping patients achieve their own health goals that will ultimately improve their overall quality of life.
- Acupoint Injection Therapy
- Auricular (ear) Acupuncture
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
- Tuina massage
Certifications / Professional Development
- Certification for Acupoint Injection Therapy from Society of Acupoint Injection Therapy (SAIT), 2020
- Attendee of the Integrative Fertility Symposium, Vancouver, 2019
- Treatment of Infertility – Jane Lyttleton, 2018
- Combining TCM and IVF to Improve Clinical Outcomes – Jane Lyttleton, 2018
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture Part 1 with Virginia Doran, 2018
- Tuina, Oriental Medicine Academy, 2018
- Body Talk Access and Body Talk 1, IBA Global Healing, 2010