Elise Greaves is a CTCMA Registered Acupuncturist and joined Yinstill in 2020 as an apprentice to Dr. Spence Pentland to learn from his 20 years of experience in treating reproductive health. Guided by a philosophy of whole health, Elise supports patients in understanding the importance of lifestyle and choices regarding sleep, exercise, diet, mindful breathing, and meditation to optimize wellness.
After graduating from UBC in 1998, Elise moved to London, England and studied fine art photography and printing. While living in the UK, Elise was first introduced to acupuncture when she was trying to start her own family. This wonderful system of medicine was an amazing support through three healthy pregnancies. After moving her family back to Vancouver, Elise enrolled in the Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine program at the International College of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Vancouver. Since completing her education she has worked in a variety of settings including corporate healthcare and community acupuncture clinics. She is experienced in a wide range of modalities including acupuncture, cupping, moxibustion, guasha, dietary therapy and breath-work. Botanical medicine is another of Elise’s passions and she has worked since 2018 in a herbal apothecary. Patients describe Elise as an empathetic and compassionate practitioner and appreciate her gentle needle technique. A member of the Society for Acupuncture Research, she is interested in both the current literature as well as guidance from the classics of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Elise is proud to be a member of the fantastic team at Yinstill, working with individuals and couples to treat all aspects of reproductive wellness.
Elise has focussed her postgraduate studies on the following specialist areas with expert teachers in the field:
- Dr. Debra Betts Acupuncture in Maternity Care
- Dr. Kate Levett: Endometriosis and Autoimmune Diseases and the Role of Acupuncture for Treatment
- Dr. Brandon Horn: Treating Infertility in Advanced Aged Women with Acupuncture
- Dr. Ursula Ritz: Integrative Approach to Recurrent Pregnancy Loss and Repeated Implantation Failure
- Dr. Paul Magarelli: Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Medicine, Integrating Eastern and Western Medicine Treatment
- Dr. Elisabet Stener-Victorin: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, New insights and Integrative acupuncture
- Dr. Yvonne Farrell: Psycho-emotional disharmonies as the root of physical pain and suffering
- Dr. Anthony Von De Muller: Myofascial trigger point acupuncture for neuro-musculoskeletal injuries and pain conditions
- Dr. Richard Tan: Balance Method Acupuncture
- Dr. Sonia Tan : Balance System Acupuncture Training
- Dr. Poney Chiang Neuro-Meridian Integrative Acupuncture
- Dr. Whitfield Reaves: Sports Injuries and Chinese Medicine
- Dr. Kristin Neff: Mindful Compassion Meditation
- Denise Ellinger, L.Ac.: Cosmetic Acupuncture
- Master Tung’s Acupuncture for Fertility
- Dr. Randine Lewis: The Daoist view; the science of letting go and implications for fertility and reproductive health