MIC+ Injections are recommended to any patient that is in need of stress reduction, increased energy, weight loss, improved digestion, and detoxification (heavy metals, homocysteine). Injection therapy is 100% natural and does not involve the use of any medications. It is the fastest and most effective way to deliver nutrients to the cells and tissues of your body. Injections provide 100% absorption versus 30-40% absorption through oral supplementation.
The nutrients included in a typical MIC+ injection are as follows;
- This is an essential amino acid (not produced by the body) that produces SAMe (alleviates stress & depression), enhances liver detoxification, decreases homocysteine levels, improves skin hair and nail health, reduces abnormal fat deposits (when injected), and produces creatine for cardiovascular and muscular health.
- This vitamin-like substance is best known for its effects on insulin sensitivity and blood sugar (PCOS, diabetes). It’s anxiolytic and serotonin activity modulation functions help reduce anxiety and depression. It optimizes the body’s ability to break down fat (more effective when injected) and cholesterol and also helps promote hair growth.
- Uses homocysteine to produce methionine (see above), SAMe (depression), and folate (see below). Enhances memory (nootropic). Controls cholesterol and high blood pressure. *Choline is found primarily in animal foods.
- B COMPLEX
- B1 (thiamine) plays an essential role in metabolism by helping convert nutrients (carbohydrates, amino acids, & fatty acids) into energy.
- B2 (riboflavin) helps convert food into energy, is an antioxidant, and helps metabolize folate.
- B3 (niacin) plays a role in cellular signaling, metabolism and DNA production and repair. Also a precursor to NAD which slows aging (mitochondria).
- B5 (pantothenic acid) helps your body obtain energy from food and is also involved in hormone and cholesterol production.
- B6 (pyridoxine) is involved in amino acid metabolism, red blood cell production, the creation of neurotransmitters, and the reduction of homocysteine.
- FOLATE (B9)
- Needed for cell growth, amino acid metabolism, the formation of red and white blood cells, and proper cell division.
- B12 (cobalamin)
- Vital for neurological (brain) function, DNA production, and red blood cell development. *B12 is found primarily in animal foods.
- Non-essential amino acid (*found primarily in animal foods) that supports normal blood-sugar metabolism and adipose tissue (fat) production (weight management). Is an antioxidant and anxiolytic (nervous system depressant / anti-anxiety). Necessary for the growth of muscle, eyes, and nervous system tissue. Supports cardiovascular health (regulates LD cholesterol production).
- This amino acid is found primarily in animal foods. It improves the utilization of fat for energy (in the mitochondria) and improves insulin resistance (by reducing fat storage). It has displayed anti-aging properties (slows the decline of mitochondria health). Research demonstrates positive effects on sperm count and motility. Also may improve athletic performance and cardiovascular health.
Generally, injections are recommended once a week for 8 weeks to start. Afterward, patients may either continue with weekly treatments or move to a maintenance schedule based on their needs. MIC+ injection appointment duration is typically 5-10 minutes and can be included in an acupuncture session.